Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Holidays

In the holiday, we went to our house in Taupo.  We swam to our secret island, where you have to swim through the tunnel.  It is so beautiful it is like a shooting star with all the different shells.  I would love to sleep on our island when you can see the full moon if you are in the right spot.  So we ask my Mum and she said yes we can.  It was so hard to get the sleeping bags there not wet.  I got the moon spot and Charlotte got the shell spot, she loves that spot.  I love the moon spot because you can see Orions-Belt, the Southern Cross and the two Pointers.  I love having a sister to share our fun.
When Charlotte and I went for a midnight swim, it was freezing.  We want to sleep there every night. Surprisingly we are allowed to.  I hope we don't get caught when we have a midnight feast. When I woke up, I felt a morning breeze and realize Charlotte is not here.  I look in the tunnel and she is there waiting for me to wake up.  Time to go for a morning swim, it was 7 o'clock on the dot but it was time to go back to the house, so now it is time to swim through the tunnel to shore.  
Charlotte has to help me get up on to the shore.                                "Yay, time for teddy bear pancakes." I said.

"Mum, can Charlotte and I go on a super big adventure?'
"Only if you can be back by 10 o'clock" replied Mum.
 "OK Mum, sure will do. Charlotte, do you want a swim or a walk?" I said.
  "A walk and lets see if Barkley wants to come." said Charlotte.
 So we set of for a walk on a mountain track.  I don't know where it goes, but it leads to a park.
 "Yay, race you" shouted Charlotte.
Charlotte wins because she knows the way.  Time to go home, we will take Barkley home and go to the island.
"Want to race? Go ! I am going to win", we yelled. And I do.  It's lunch time and we have hash-browns - Yum!

   In the night, a big black storm came and I had to get out of the moon spot or I would be soaking wet in the morning.  Charlotte and I can't go back because we don't have a torch.  It was a gloomy black stormy night!
"Yay its morning and we are dry!! Victory!!" I  happily say.
 "Whats for breakfast?" asks Charlotte.
" Little weet-bix" said Mum.
 "Mum can we go for a family swim?" Charlotte asked
"Yes you can" Mum replied
 "Thanks, we will be back soon ! ok?."  said Charlotte.
"I want to swim but it is freezing cold." I replied
 "Charlotte, do you want to go for a Kayak?" I yelled
 "OK sure ! " Charlotte replied.
" Let's race to the buoy" I say
 Charlotte goes backwards.  I win because I go forwards which was funny.  It was so much fun.  "Charlotte, do you want to go forward?" I asked.
 "Yes of course" Now we have a race going backwards, Charlotte wins.
Time for tea - yum, fish and chips.
"Lets have a game of Apples to Apples."  Charlotte and I are a team, we are the champions, we have girl power, together we can win anything.  We go back to the Secret Island - snorkel 'check' Midnight feast 'check' flippers, hot chocolate 'check'. I say that drink melted in my mouth like a chocolate bomb -  it was so good.  I can't wait till the morning, breakfast is pikelets - they go sizzle, sizzle - yum!  Breakfast is served by Charlotte and Lauren - the best chefs in the world!  "Do you want to play five-crowns?'asked Charlotte                                                   
"Yes ok sure" I answered.  I want to win but we have a tie.  I love being on holiday with my family.                                              "Lets go for a swim"Charlotte says.                                              "OK, wet suit, towel, lets go." I excitedly answer.                         After our swim it was sunbathing time. 

Then we go to the bach, Mum is ready to go out.

"Do you want to go, to the supermarket?" said Mum.                  "No " I said.                                                                                       " I thought that you would, " answered Mum. 

My brother and Dad go home to Apiti.  The girls all stay for a couple more nights. We spend time back on the beach and I go diving.

I know we have to go home - a great holiday has to finish.                 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing recount of the holiday! I love how you use such beautiful descriptive language! Mum

    ReplyDelete